Pages

Monday 28 May 2012

Review - Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Colour

Today I am reviewing this eye brow product that the lovely people at Stila sent to me.

You can find it here -  http://stila.co.uk/collections/eyes/products/stay-all-day-waterproof-brow-colour-medium


I, probably like any other make up addicts, was DEVASTATED when Stila suddenly disappeared a few years ago.  It was one of my favorite brands, particularly their lip glaze & also their lip conditioner which I would say is very similar to the Mac lip conditioner.  The packaging was really pretty and basically, it was awesome.  So one day when I walked into Boots and it was suddenly back, I was very excited!  Since then I have bought the Smudge Pots in Black http://stila.co.uk/collections/eyes/products/smudge-pot-black& Kitten http://stila.co.uk/collections/eyes/products/smudge-pot-kitten.  I personally think the black Smudge pot might even be better than Mac Gel Liner in Blactrax (controversial!!!).  As most of you probably know, Kitten is Stila's top selling colour and they also do loads of products in this color.  I wear it during the day for work and it even stays without primer.  Ace!

I have actually never seen anything like this Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Colour! The only way to describe the packaging is it's like a mini version of  Touch Eclait by Yves Saint Laurent.  You don't have to twist or press any part of the pen for the product to come out, it just gently comes out as you brush your brow. 

It's not very pigmented however it did blend nicely with my eyebrows. I have the medium shade which seemed to work, to give you an idea of the shades I tint my eyebrows brown and have fair skin.  I would say these pens will be perfect for you if you have very fair skin as they are not harsh.  

I REALLY like this product! Personally for me I would say this is more for daytime just because I like to use a brow powder for my evening make up and I just feel the Stila pen would be too light at night for me against the rest of my make up (as you can see in the pic, it doesn't come up very well in my attempted swatch LOL)


I wore this to work the other day, and it did last all day which is really good. It's just the right colour to gently fill in the gaps in your brows without being too harsh, which is perfect for during the day.

My opinion

I really love this product and it's quick and easy for the morning and for me doesn't require any touch ups during the day. Fab!

This product is for you IF.......

You want a nice, light product for your brows that is quick and simple to apply.  Also perfect for you if you are fair skinned. 

This product isn't for you IF.........

You want a scouse brow :0)



2 comments:

Ashley K said...

I haven't seen this it sounds pretty cool. I don't usually need to fill in my brows all that much so this might be just the thing I'd like.

Unknown said...

Definetly a must if you haven't done your eyebrows before :0)