Pages

Sunday 29 July 2012

My everyday make up

Today I wanted to show you what is currently in my everyday make up bag :0)

As it's summer (well, British summer, meaning loads of rain and cloud!) I am currently wearing Estee Lauder BB cream.  I love the Estee Lauder Daywear Sheertint for when I am on holiday or when I don't want to wear a lot of make up so I was very excited when they brought out the BB cream.  I love this one as it' not too heavy and not too light - perfect for the summer months.


  I then use the classic Yves Saint Laurent Touch Eclat for under my eyes.  I sometimes use Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque as well.  For when I have blemishes, I use Mac Studio Sculpt Conceler.  I struggle with concelers because I have dry skin, but this one is a good enough coverage that doesn't dry out my skin.




I then use a little bit of bronzer to contour my face and just give me a bit of colour.  At the moment I am loving Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium Deep.  I used to think you had to apply bronzer ALL over your face as some really bad old photos of me prove ha!  But now I apply it in a "3" motion on each side of my face - where the sun would hit your face.  So this is my temples, cheeks and jaw line.



For blusher I am using Smashbox O-Glow.  This is a clear gel that changes colour when you rub it in, which is meant to use your skin tone.  I think this is perfect for during the day as it's really light but just gives you enough colour.



I tend to change up what I use on my eyes day to day.  I am loving Stay Don't Stray by Benefit.  I think I prefer this to Urban Decay Primer Potion just because for me I think it makes the shadows I use last longer.



I then use Mac Paintpots in Painterly for matte shadows and Base Study for shimmer shadows, although some days I do wear these alone.  They last for ages as well so I think they are brilliant!




I also have my Mac eyeshadow quad which has (from top left clockwise) Naked Lunch, Omega, All That Glitters and Quarry.  All these colours work well together and are the ones I wear the most.  2 other Mac shadows I sometimes use are Wedge and Brule.



I then use Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner.  As you can see it's well loved as all the writing has come off the pen!  I used cake/gel eyeliners for a long time but this pen is definitely the best one I have used. I draw a really thin line for during the day, but at night it's really good for thick, flick lines as well, love it!  Finally on the eyes, I use a tiny bit of Mac Kohl Pencil in Smoulder on 3/4 of the water line, so it's not as harsh.





And my favourite mascara EVER, is They're Real by Benefit.  I love this mascara, I am really lucky to have long lashes anyway, but a lot of people have asked me if I have false lashes on when I wear this, so it must work!



Then finally, the lips.  I swap between these 2, Mac Tinted Lip Conditioner in Fuchsia Fix and Clairns Lip Perfecter in Apricot Shimmer.  Both are lovely but I probably wear the Mac one more, just as I work in an air conditioned office so my lips get really dry.



I hope you enjoyed my post!

Cat XX

No comments: