Pages

Sunday 21 October 2012

Review - Dior Rose Diamond Highlighter

Hi everyone :0)

I have been meaning to review this for some time but not had chance!  There was a lot of talk online about the Dior highlighting powers, mainly the Ambre Diamond.  Because I have Mac Soft & Gentle, I thought it would be a waste, which it why I went for the Rose Diamond  - a lovely pink highlighting powder.

The packaging with Dior as always is gorgeous!  It does come with a velvet pouch, but I find it gets mucky in my make up bag :0(

The thing I like about is there are 4 colours in the powder - so you have the option of mixing them all altogether or just using one of the colours.  For this reason I would say the Ambre Diamond is good if you don't have a similar highlighter like me - because you can use these also on your brow bone & tear duct.

For applying this, I find my Real Techniques Stippling brush is best, as I find highlighters work when pressed into the skin rather than brushed.







I do love this, however I do prefer a more bronze toned highlighter, so I tend to use my Mac one more, but this one is great for nights out, and also looks fab if you have a tan! When I am a bit pale, it can look too bright on me - fair skinned gals note!  I would also say these are similar to the Bobbi Brown Shimmer bricks.

You can find the Dior Rose Diamond here

Do you use this?  What other highlighters would you recommend?

Cat XXX

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look how pretty those colours are! Have you tried them as eye shadow?

Stories of an English rose

Unknown said...

I think I could try as a brow highlight but that's all I think. I would definitely use the colours in the Amber Diamond on my eyes, tend to go for neural colours :0)

Gina H. said...

Beautiful highlighter! I think it would be great as a blush. I'm a new follower. Feel free to follow back!

xx, Gina

http://www.lipglossonmylatte.com/