Pages

Thursday 18 October 2012

Review - Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

Hi guys!

Today I am talking about Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touch Ecalt foundation.  I finally caved in!!

I am normally fussy with my foundation and tend to repurchase the same brand/product.  However, after getting into beauty blogs and You Tube videos over the past 1-2 years, I have I guess self educated myself and know a lot more about foundation.  And a big thing for me is light, medium or full coverage, which I didn't really get before!

So my dilemma was, I really wanted to get Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation for the winter, being a full coverage and better for the colder months.  Plus sometimes I work away and travel, so a long lasting foundation would definitely be a good idea for me to have.  But.....I then started reading blogs about the Yves Sant Laurent foundation and had a dilemma!!!  I had been using Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser recently, so it was definitely time to purchase a foundation for winter....... but which one!!??

So, I decided the best thing to do was get a sample of each, try for a month and see which one I liked.  But...... because they are so different I decided to get both ha!  So I have bought the Yves Saint Laurent one this month, and will be getting Doublewear next month, I figured it isn't too cold right now, so I can wait ha!






The packing is beautiful and mirrors the classic Touche Eclat highlighter.  It is a concern travelling but it is glass, but you can always get round that with travel bottles!  But it does look beautiful on the make up table!



The reason I wanted this as well as Doublewear, is I just love the radiance it give your skin.  I think this is even more important when you have fairer skin.  My friends who have darker skin tell me they don't bother wearing anything on their face on a work day, I could NEVER do that!  I would look dead ha ha!  Definitely need a bit of colour in your face, well I do anyway.

I know some bloggers have said this doesn't last all day, but I generally don't have this problem with any foundation I use.  I do have combination skin, so I am not sure if it's a different story if you have oily skin.

This is a beautiful foundation and I can't really compare it to Doublewear which has been the UK best seller for sometime,  but if you love the Touche Eclat pen, you will definitely like this.

You can find the Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation here

Have you tried it?  What do you think?

Cat XXX

2 comments:

S.Lennyn82 said...

Double wear is a really nice full coverage foundation but Im really wanting to try this one now:)
Sara xx
http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

Unknown said...

Do it! The people on the counters seem to be nice and gave a sample which some brands don't. I like both as they are totally different, only wearing double wear more often at the moment as I am working away & traveling so have long days! But I love the glow this one gives your skin :0)