Pages

Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Skincare Challenge - Update!

Hi all,

Last week I did a post on my skincare challenege with Soap & Glory and I have a bit of an update!

I can be a little impulsive sometimes when I buy things, so it was only after I did the 3 for 2 at Boots with Soap and Glory.........I remembered I wanted to try the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish as well some Origins products, whoops!!!

I have liked the Soap and Glory so far, and when I compared their hot cloth cleanser to the Liz Earle sample........Liz Earle smacked it down as it did remove more make up........LOL!

In addition to this, I managed to bag a Clarisonic on Ebay for £50 which I thought was a bargin!  So I should also be getting that in the next couple of days. I also saw Tanya Burr recommend the Elemis Balancing Lavender toner, and for some reason I had been really struggling to find a toner!  There seems to be a lot of cleansers but not as many toners around. 

So, I am still re-doing my skin care challenge but have made some amendments.  I am going to try this new routine for the next 2 weeks and let you know my progress.

I go through weird stages with my skincare routine, sometimes I can't be bothered and just use face wipes (which I have sworn I will never ever do again!!!!) and other times I have tried high end products.  I would say I have normal/combination skin.  I have never had severe acne, but I have suffered with spots since my teens and STILL get them and I am 30!!!!  I say the main brands I have tried are Clinque, Clarins and Simple.....but I have yet found a routine I am 100% happy with. 

So, as I have been really into beauty blogs & vlogs for almost 2 years, I have learnt so much about make up, and now more recently I have been watching videos and reading about skincare, I feel I have educated myself and come to the conclusion that I need to sort out my skin care pronto!  As in the long run my skin is going to be better and I will stop getting horrible breakouts.  Sometimes they are so bad I have to get anti biotics from the doctors.  Also a few years ago, I had such a bad and persistant breakout on my forehead, I had to get a fringe!!!! Bad times.

So, below is what I am going to try out over the next couple of weeks:

Origins Never A Dull Moment Facial Cleanser (morning only)
Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish (evening only)
Elemis Balancing Lavender Toner (every morning & every other evening)
Clarisonic Mia with Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish (every other evening)
Alpha-H Liquid Gold (every other evening)
Clarins Multi Active Day Cream (every morning)
Clarins Multi Active Night Cream (every other evening)
Origins Eye Dr Eye Cream (every morning & evening)

I don't want to over do it which is why I am for example going to do Monday Alpha H Liquid Gold, Tuesday Clarisonic and then Wednesday use normal cleansing and repeat, as you don't want to over exfoliate your skin!  That's why above I have "every other evening" for some of the products.  The only thing I am debating is the Soap & Glory serum as I am thinking the Estee Lauder Night Repair Serum and I also have a Clarins sample!!  But Estee Lauder is sooooooo expensive!  Going to try and get a sample first I think. 

I will let you know how I get on!  Do you use any of the above?  What do you think?

Cat XXX

3 comments: