Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Skincare Challenge - Update!

Hi all,

Last week I did a post on my skincare challenege with Soap & Glory and I have a bit of an update!

I can be a little impulsive sometimes when I buy things, so it was only after I did the 3 for 2 at Boots with Soap and Glory.........I remembered I wanted to try the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish as well some Origins products, whoops!!!

I have liked the Soap and Glory so far, and when I compared their hot cloth cleanser to the Liz Earle sample........Liz Earle smacked it down as it did remove more make up........LOL!

In addition to this, I managed to bag a Clarisonic on Ebay for £50 which I thought was a bargin!  So I should also be getting that in the next couple of days. I also saw Tanya Burr recommend the Elemis Balancing Lavender toner, and for some reason I had been really struggling to find a toner!  There seems to be a lot of cleansers but not as many toners around. 

So, I am still re-doing my skin care challenge but have made some amendments.  I am going to try this new routine for the next 2 weeks and let you know my progress.

I go through weird stages with my skincare routine, sometimes I can't be bothered and just use face wipes (which I have sworn I will never ever do again!!!!) and other times I have tried high end products.  I would say I have normal/combination skin.  I have never had severe acne, but I have suffered with spots since my teens and STILL get them and I am 30!!!!  I say the main brands I have tried are Clinque, Clarins and Simple.....but I have yet found a routine I am 100% happy with. 

So, as I have been really into beauty blogs & vlogs for almost 2 years, I have learnt so much about make up, and now more recently I have been watching videos and reading about skincare, I feel I have educated myself and come to the conclusion that I need to sort out my skin care pronto!  As in the long run my skin is going to be better and I will stop getting horrible breakouts.  Sometimes they are so bad I have to get anti biotics from the doctors.  Also a few years ago, I had such a bad and persistant breakout on my forehead, I had to get a fringe!!!! Bad times.

So, below is what I am going to try out over the next couple of weeks:

Origins Never A Dull Moment Facial Cleanser (morning only)
Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish (evening only)
Elemis Balancing Lavender Toner (every morning & every other evening)
Clarisonic Mia with Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish (every other evening)
Alpha-H Liquid Gold (every other evening)
Clarins Multi Active Day Cream (every morning)
Clarins Multi Active Night Cream (every other evening)
Origins Eye Dr Eye Cream (every morning & evening)

I don't want to over do it which is why I am for example going to do Monday Alpha H Liquid Gold, Tuesday Clarisonic and then Wednesday use normal cleansing and repeat, as you don't want to over exfoliate your skin!  That's why above I have "every other evening" for some of the products.  The only thing I am debating is the Soap & Glory serum as I am thinking the Estee Lauder Night Repair Serum and I also have a Clarins sample!!  But Estee Lauder is sooooooo expensive!  Going to try and get a sample first I think. 

I will let you know how I get on!  Do you use any of the above?  What do you think?

Cat XXX

3 comments:

sleepandwater said...

I really want to try Clarins and Soap & Glory products and the Liz Earle cleanser. Sounds like you nabbed a bargain Clarisonic Mia :) I am trying the ANR as I bought a 15ml bottle - hopefully it does something :)

Unknown said...

Claims always have samples which is great so you can try before you buy! Am well chuffed with my clarisonic, eBay is the way forward!

Unknown said...

Nice product shared about skin care...I would go right back to basics and use organics if you can. Dove, neutrogena, etc are full of harsh chemicals which may aggravate your sensitive skin..
obagi skin care products